Statement of Commitment:
Cartier Kitchens is committed to treating people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting requirements under the accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities act.
Cartier Kitchens will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability, and will ensure that to the extent reasonable we will seek input of people with disabilities as to how they wish us to communicate with them.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a service animal will be allowed to have the animal accompany them on our premises.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have the support person accompany them on our premises.
Cartier Kitchens will take the needs of people with disabilities into consideration when designing show booths.
Cartier Kitchens is committed to a fair and accessible employment practice. We will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
Notice of Temporary Disruption of service:
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption of service or facilities for customers with disabilities, a notice of disruption will be posted at the entry way of our facility, as early as is reasonably feasible, stating the approximate duration of disruption. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Training of Staff:
Cartier Kitchens will provide training to employees who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf, individuals in the following positions will be trained.
- Managers and support staff
- Sales Managers and sales staff
- Staff who deal with contractors
- Human resources staff
Training will include:
- The company plan – How can I help you?
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act,2005, and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require assistance of a service animal, or support person.
- How to use the assistive equipment available on site that may help with providing service to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Cartier Kitchens facilities.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the company’s plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Cartier Kitchens provides goods and services are also asked to bring their concerns/complaints to the following:
Name: Dale Mathews
Telephone #: 905-793-0063 EXT # 260
Complaints will be addressed pursuant to Cartier Kitchens complaint management procedures.
If you have any questions, please contact Dale Mathews at the number’s indicated above.
Dated: Aug 18, 2015